Settling in and finding not only a groove, but a few new places for recipes. My best friend is now vegan (due to some recent food allergy discoveries) and has been throwing some great vegan websites my way. I’ve long wanted to bring more meatless options into the Kitchen, and I’m looking forward to trying some of what I’ve found. 🙂
In other news, I also lost 12 pounds in January. 🙂 So I’m very happy with my progress, considering I don’t feel like I’ve started eating flavorless food or anything like that. Some small changes in the Kitchen make a big difference!
- French dip subs and salad (using leftover roast beef)
- School night: FFY Buffet
- Soup & Sammie night (Boo and I are both recovering from MD appts and will need some comfort food.)
- Sloppy joes with homemade hamburger buns
- SUPERBOWL-GO PATS! meatball pitas, twice baked potato skins (from the Pioneer Woman’s cookbook), veggies and dip, and the ultimate splurge for the week: buffalo chicken dip. I saved up two weeks’ worth of splurge meals for today. 🙂
- Crockpot Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles (adapted with fat free cream of mushroom and dip)
- School night: BFD: blueberry pancakes and a cheese frittata. Yes, I know I’m making vegan pancakes with a very non vegan side.
- FFY Buffet: I am studying like a boss.
- School Night: my first exam of the semester… Hot dogs and baked beans.
- pork with parsnips and grapes
- stuffed flatbreads (NEW!)
- Salisbury steak
- chana masala (NEW!)
- School Night: FFY Buffet. Also, Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Pizza night: whole wheat margherita