1) I’m actually doing this meal plan a full week ahead (although you’re not seeing it until the right day)
2) IT’S SEPTEMBER!
3) The syllabus for my fall class is 29 pages.
Okay, now that I got that out of my system… the meal plan is below. No, you’re not seeing anything new. However, what’s there is tried and true. I moved over to a more visual system when I’m creating our meal plans and because I’m viewing our calendar at the same time, I see some trends. For example, both kids have activities on Saturday AND Sunday this fall. My weekdays are crazy with classes, and Saturday I’m at the hospital until mid-afternoon. So, I made the decision to go a little old school and reserve Sunday for a nice “Family Dinner.” I think we are all really going to need that time to connect (well, in as much as a three and five year old can connect with their parents, that is). I also have to be mindful of the time I have to actually make dinner on school nights, as well as what is easy for suitNtie to finish or serve the kiddos after I’m gone, since my class is at 5:30. With that said, this is what I’ve come up with. We will see how it goes. 🙂
1. FFY Buffet: I am out with a friend.
2. Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
3. School Night: Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
4. Moo’s First Day of School, so Moo’s Choice.
5. School Night: Turkey Club sammies
6. Chicken & Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
7. FFY Buffet
8. Pizza Night: Garlic Chicken
9. Squash and Corn Chowder with homemade rolls.
10. School Night: FFY Buffet. Who am I kidding? I’m totally going to be eating any leftover rolls from the night before.
11. BFD: Waffles & Sausage
12. School Night: Ginger Asian Beef
13. Crockpot Pulled Pork sammies ( I really need to post this recipe someday)
14. Pizza Night: Pepperoni
15. Summer Veggie Soup & Herbed Biscuits