As I post this, I am studying for my exam tomorrow, cozy and prepared for Sandy’s decent on us tomorrow and hoping that we don’t see too much damage from the storm! I made my last minute trip to the store yesterday for what constitutes as necessities in our house: milk, peanut butter, Craisins, Crystal Light Fruit Punch and Triscuits. But the man behind me had his emergency stash of beer on the belt, so I felt like I looked much more practical. Oh, well.
In any case, November is a very busy month for me. My syllabus alone is rough: half of the semester’s exams take place this month- blech. Add into that Thanksgiving, Moo’s birthday and holiday shopping, and it just starts to descend into madness.
Thus, it’s mostly repeats this month, with one or two newbies. I am still trying to bring in more meatless, yet protein-rich, options. And seafood. Seafood is one area I am still having trouble with- it’s very hard to meal plan when you don’t necessarily know what’s on sale for fish, and you can’t re-freeze “previously frozen at sea” stuff. Plus, I don’t eat shellfish. So we are basically down to haddock, salmon, tilapia and swordfish. Sigh. If I can get my hands on some fish this week, this meal plan may adjust a bit to accomodate.
1. Crockpot Mediterranean Chicken
2. Pizza Night: Margherita
3. Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas (NEW!)
4. Sunday Dinner: Pasta with Roasted Butternut, Brown Butter & Sage (NEW!)
5. School Night: FFY Buffet
6. Get out and VOTE! 🙂 Seven Layer Tortilla Pie (NEW! based on this, but I’ll be tweaking it a bit)
7. School Night: French Dip Sammies
8. BFD: Omelettes, Bacon, Homefries
9. Turkey Melt Sammies
10. FFY Buffet
11. Sunday Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie
12. School Night: Comfort food. PB&Js and Pirate Booty ☺ I have an exam.
13. BBQ Meatballs
14. School Night: whole wheat pancakes and sausage
15. salad with craisins, goat cheese and pecans