we’re back! After an unintentional summer hiatus, fall arrived with the quickness. Boo is back in school already, and Moo and I are back right after Labor Day. And my schedule has changed (more on that later), so there are no longer “school nights,” making the evening meal harder to put together.
I can report that I spent way too much money this summer on groceries, did you? Meal planning is really a necessity in my house. It’s one small way I can reduce our costs and help reallocate money I might waste on groceries towards things like…Christmas. Oh boy, I didn’t want to go there yet, but ’tis almost the season. In the words of the wise Rafiki from the Lion King, “It is time.”
Without further adieu, the meal plan. I did add a few more dishes into the repertoire this summer and one of them you see there on the 3rd. It’s not a scratch recipe, this is more something REALLY tasty that goes together super fast with premade things from the supermarket, so don’t get worked up.
- FFY: we are at an anniversary party.
- Happy Labor Day! Grillin’ and chillin’. (i.e. hot dogs and salad)
- Moo’s first day of school! Chicken tortellini with low-cal alfredo
- My first day of school! LF chicken & dumplings
- BFD: French toast and eggs
- Pork cutlets with sautéed apples
- Family Dinner Night: Boiled dinner
- FFY buffet
- Kielbasa with rice and onions
- Corn & kielbasa chowder
- crockpot Mediterranean chicken
- hot turkey sandwiches with mashed
- BFD: omelettes and toast
- family visiting: TBD
- FFY buffet